It has been a ridiculous week for travel contests and giveaways. This week websites that I collaborate with are offering:
(1) A round-the-world trip for two (and a host of other badass prizes).
(2) $5000 in credit towards a trip for two with an award-winning tour operator.
(3) Free accommodations for two in seven cities of your choice and £1000 each in spending money.
(4) Free credit (at least $10) for travel gear.
The first three items are contests, all of which are free to enter, and the fourth is a limited-time promotion from a new online store.
Here are the details:
(1) Travel Around the World Contest | Indy Travel Media Association
This contest is being held by a group of the biggest independent travel websites and blogs on the web, collectively called the Indy Travel Media Association. To enter the contest you must visit the contest page each week and guess the mystery city from the clues provided (which is ridiculously easy) and then fill out a short form.
Travel-related prizes will be awarded each week for eight weeks. At the end of the eight weeks, one of the eight prizewinners will win the grand prize, a round-the-world trip for two (which comes with a s#@*load of other great stuff) and two others will win first and second prizes.
The Grand Prize includes:
* Round-the-world airfare for two from the BootsnAll Travel Network
* A Southeast Asia tour for two from All Points East
* One year of travel insurance from World Nomads
* One-week First Class Eurail passes
* Four hotel nights from Anantara
* Two BRX luggage sets from Briggs & Riley
* Head-to-toe travel clothing from ExOfficio
* Two pairs of Serengeti Eyewear sunglasses with Polar PHD lenses
* A grab bag of useful apps and guidebooks
First Prize includes:
$2000 in airfare to go anywhere in the world from 1800FlyEurope.
Second Prize includes:
Second Prize – Two Full-Fare round-trip tickets anywhere Southwest Airlines flies.
So, what are you waiting for? Enter now.
(2) $5000 Towards a Trip for Two | Austin-Lehman Adventures
To enter all you have to do is visit the contest page and enter your name, email address, and the URL of my blog (https://xpatmatt.com). That’s it. You’ll be entered to win $5000 in credit towards any tour with Austin-Lehman, and you can be pretty sure you’ll find one that you like as they offer 82 itineraries on five continents and have been ranked among the top tour operators in the world by several prominent travel magazines.
I personally think you should enter now because if you win a trip, then I will also win one because I own the blog that sent you to their website.
That’s what I call win-win.
(3) Accommodations for two in 7 Cities + £1000 Spending Money Each | HostelBookers
HostelBookers.com will give you and a friend free accommodations (to a maximum of £50, which is about $80 USD, per night each) as well as £1000 (about $1600 USD) each in spending money. You are allowed 3 nights in each city, and the stays in the cities do not have to be consecutive (you could use the prize for seven different trips).
Again, it’s really easy to enter. Simply visit the contest page and enter your email address and answer the question there. The question is super easy, as there’s a link to the answer just below it.
(4) Credit for Free Travel Gear | Planet Gear
PlanetGear.com is a new unique online outdoors adventure apparel shop. They aren’t a website where you go shopping to look for something you want. They’re a website where you luck into really good deals. This is how it works: they get a bunch of really cheap stuff in stock. Then they put it on sale, usually for around 30%-70% below the retail price (everything on the site today is about 50% off. Then they email all of their members to notify them of the sale, which will last for three days. All sales are first come first serve.
Planet Gear is a new company are new they’re trying to expand their membership. To get credit first you need to visit their website and sign up. Then, you can use a form on the site to suggest it to your friends. When your friends make their first purchase (min. $50) Planet Gear will credit your account for $10. Also, when you make your first purchase you will be able to give your friend $10 in credit. So, if you have a lot of outdoorsy friends, and Planet Gear keeps putting up good deals, you could potentially help eachother earn a fair amount of credit from this promotion.
One other thing that I like about this company is that it is a member of 1% for the Planet, which means that they donate 1% of all profits to a network of environmental organizations.
Planet Gear is also giving me a copy of the Lonely Planet Guide to Travel Photography, which I will be giving away later this week—so be sure to come back!